Asia Center Partners
- Global Environmental Facility (GEF): www.gefweb.org
GEF provided the primary funding from 2002-2006 for long term ecological research site at Lake Hovsgol (Hovsgol LTERS), Mongolia.
- International Long Term Ecological Research Sites (ILTERS): www.ilternet.edu
The Hovsgol LTERS is a participant in the International Long Term Ecological Reseach Network.
- Nanjing University: www.nju.edu.cn/cps/site/NJU/njue/
Nanjing University is collaborating with the Academy's Asia Center on a Lake and River Remediation Workship in August 2008.
- Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology: www.env.pmis.gov.mn/Meteoins/
The institute has collaborated with the Mongolian Aquatic Insect Survey to create the first research facility in Mongolia dedicated to the study of aquatic invertebrates.
- Mongolian Academy of Sciences (MAS): www.mas.ac.mn/en/ has collaborated extensively with the Hovsgol LTERS and the Mongolian Aquatic Insect Survey.
- National University of Mongolia (NUM):
Many students and faculity members of NUM hav participated in research, training and workshops at Hovsgol LTERS.
- National Science Foundation (NSF): www.nsf.gov
NSF has supported work at Hövsgöl since the 1995 and is currently funding Long Term Ecological Research on climate change and sustainable herding through its Partnership for International Research and Education (PIRE) Program and the Mongolian Aquatic Insect Survey. In addition, several American students have participated in field research in Mongolia through the NSF's Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU).
- University of Pennsylvania, Department of Biology: www.bio.upenn.edu/
Dr. Peter Petraitis is the Lead Principal Investigator for PIRE Mongolia, the current research program at Hovsgol LTERS. Several of his colleagues and students from within his department will participate in research at Hövsgöl.