- Soil Study
- Landscape Ecology
- 1985 - Present: Head, Soil Science Laboratory, Institute of Geography, Mongolian Academy of Sciences, Researcher, Institute of Geography, Mongolian Academy of Sciences
- 1994-2000: German Mongolian Joint Expeditions in Different Regions of Mongolia • Scientific research in soil science and physical geography: Soil geography, classification, geochemistry, physical-chemical properties, mapping, ecology, assessment, and etc.
- Ph.D.: Moscow State University, Faculty of Geography
- O. Batkhishig 1989. Micromorphological feature change of dark chestnut soils with different years ploughed. Scientific Journal of Institute Geography, Ulaanbaatar, 1989:
- O. Batkhishig and other???. 1994. Some results of stationary investigations of soil and plants of Eastern Mongolian steppe. Issue of scientific symposium reports of ''Twenty years of investigations of Mongolian flora'', Ulaanbaatar, 1994, Vol. ?, pp. ?
- O. Batkhishig 1990. Microelements of alluvial soils of basin river Tuul. Scientific journal of Institute Geography, Vol. ?, pp. ? Ulaanbaatar, 1990
- O. Batkhishig, ???? 1990.. Changing properties of chestnut soils of Mongolia with different years ploughed. In: 'Methodological problems and estimation state of Mongolia'', Pushino, 1990, pp.?
- O. Batkhishig and otherNames?? 1993. .Standard Methods of Soil Analysis’’ Ulaanbaatar,1993, pp. ?
- O. Batkhishig. 1995. Some results of investigations of soils basin river of Tuul’’. Abstracts, International conference ''Asian ecosystems and their protection'', Ulaanbaatar, 21-25 August 1995, pp??
- O. Batkhishig. 1995. Soil map of district Dalanjargalan sum, Scale 1::200,000, UB 1989 O. Batkhishig 1995. Soil map of Central part of Chentei mountain, Scale 1:100 000, UB 1995
- O. Batkhishig 2000. Influence of overgrazing for the soils cover in Mongolia” Extended Abstracts of International Congress on the State and Dynamics of Geosciences and Human Geography of Mongolia. p., 26-31, Free University of Berlin 2000.
- O. Batkhishig and others list names 2000. Soil cover and soil pollution in the capital city of Mongolia. Extended Abstracts of International Congress on the State and Dynamics of Geosciences and Human Geography of Mongolia. p., 22-25, Free University of Berlin 2000.
- O. Batkhishig, F.Lehmkuhl 2003. Degradation und Desertification in der Mongolei” Petermanns Geographische Miiteilungen, 147, 2003/5, p. 48-49,
- O. Batkhishig and otherlist names 2003.. Rock glacier and periglacial processes in the Mongolian Altai” Proceeding of the 8th International Conference on Permafrost. Ulaanbaatar. 2003 pp.