- Project Manager, Mongolian Academy of Sciences Hovsgol_GEF
- Ichthyologist, Hovsgol_GEF Project
- 1996-2002: Researcher, Institute of Geoecology MAS, Environmental impact studies of gold mining, pollution on limnology and fish stock assessment studies of lakes in Khovd and Hovsgol aimags.
- 1991-1996: Researcher, The artificial propagation of fish family Salmonidae.
- 1989-1994: Researcher, Researcher Institute of Forestry and Wildlife.
- M.S., Biology, 1991. Mongolian Agriculture University
- B.S., Ichthyology specialized in fish culture. 1989. Technical Institute of Fisheries, Kaliningrad, Russia.
Additional Schooling and Training
- Exchange Scientist, 2001. One month at the Baikal fish water center in Russia (Ulan-Ude). Artificial breeding of Coregonidae.
- Four months for Course in freshwater fish culture at the Asian- Pacific Regional Research Training Center in China (certificate), 2000.
- Mendsaikhan, B. (2006). "The fish issues of the Lake Hovsgol". Eastern Shore. Hovsgol project newspaper.
- Dulmaa, A., Mendsaikhan, B., Sanaa, E. and Bukhchuluun, Ts. (2006). "Impacts of livestock grazing and climate change on biodiversity of the eastern shore tributaries of the Lake Hovsgol". Changes in climate, ecology and patterns of pastoral nomadism in Lake Hovsgol National Park, Mongolia: 17-19.
- Mendsaikhan, B. (2006). "Cooperation with local." Eastern Shore. Hovsgol project newspaper.
- Dulmaa, A., Mendsaikhan, B. and C. E. Goulden. (2005). "The Ichthyofauna of the Lake Hovsgol." Poster for the New Current Research in Conserving Freshwater Systems Symposium.
- Dulmaa, A., Mendsaikhan, B. (2005). "The fish tropical relationship in eastern tributaries of the Lake Hovsgol." Abstracts in the Ecosystems of Mongolia and Frontier Areas of Adjacent countries: Natural Resources Biodiversity and Ecological Prospects: 243-246
- Mendsaikhan, B. and Melchert, P. (2005). "Fish Study on Boundary Region of the Khan Khentii's Protected Area." Scientific Bulliten of the Geoecology Institute
- Dulmaa, A., Mendsaikhan, B. and C. E. Goulden (2004). "Current Situation of Ichthyofauna at Lake Hovsgol." Abstracts in the Science for Selenge Watershed Conservation: Multidisciplinary Approaches for Natural Resourse Management Conference
- Dulmaa, A., Mendsaikhan, B. and C. E. Goulden. (2004). "The Fish Study in Eastern Shore Streams of Lake Hovsgol." International Conference on Biodiversity of Euro-Asia Continental Wetlands, Extended Abstracts.
- Dulmaa, A., Mendsaikhan, B. and Batbayar, B. (2004). "Biological study of the Hovsgol Grayling (Thymallus nigrescens). Scientific Bulletin of the Geoecology Institute
- Mendsaikhan, B., Sanaa, E., Suvdtsetseg, Ch.and Bokhchuluun, Ts. (2004). "Fish, aquatic insects and algae of Lake Hovsgol and its tributaries." Hovsgol Project GEF/World Bank, Brochure
- Mendsaikhan, B. (2003). "Along journey for an egg to a fish." Eastern Shore. Hovsgol project newspaper.
- Mendsaikhan, B., Enkhzol, B. and Jaime Forsyth. (2003). "Fish at Lake Hovsgol." Hovsgol Project GEF/World Bank, Brochure
Grants and Awards
- Received 3296 USD GRANT from the ACSI (All Catfish Species Inventory).
Grant for the project: Survey of the fishes of northeastern Mongolia with emphasis on the collection of catfishes. Survey will be joining with the scientists Mark Sabaj and Cristina Pezer of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.