Capacity Building at Hövsgöl
Capacity building at Hövsgöl include:
- Training Mongolian scientists and students in ecosystem studies and environmental monitoring. (Some of these young scientists have continued their training at graduate schools in Japan, Europe or the United States, and many of them are now working professionally in universities or government agencies within Mongolia.);
- Conducting workshops on nomadic pastoralism and climate change, and ecosystem modeling;
- Developing physical and administrative infrastructure, staff training and community outreach program for Hövsgöl National Park, Mongolia;
- Facilitating travel by Mongolian scientists and students to visit foreign research scientists and their study sites and to attend international scientific meetings in Europe, North America and elsewhere in Asia;
- Developing an outreach program for teaching sustainable grazing practices to Mongolian pastoralists.